Mustard Seeds YellowAvailable in
40g ECO Pack
Yellow Mustard Seeds are milder in flavour than black, with a powerful flavour & aroma that is released when it comes in contact with liquids.
- Combine with oil or wine & herbs to create your own mustard.
- Very common for adding flavour to pickles, chutneys and sauces.
- Widely used in Indian curries and European Casseroles and stews.
- Mustard seeds are great in salads or dressings.
- Use in mayonnaise, vinaigrettes & marinades.
- Add near the end of cooking & avoid over heating as its pungency will be reduced.
Whole spices retain better flavour than ground. Store in the closed ziplock bag until needed and grind using a coffee grinder or mortar and pestle.
The VarietyThe seeds of the mustard plant Brassica juncea, in family Brassicaceae, along with broccoli and cabbage.
For Your AppreciationMustard is a condiment with so many uses and is one of the most widely used spices and condiments in the world. Known especially in wet form as a condiment for meets, breads and cheese. Moisture causes an enzymatic reaction in the seed that creates the characterising mustard flavour and heat, which varies from mild and sweet American type mustards to very hot English mustards.