Organic Bay LeavesAvailable in
5g ECO PACK
Certified organic by BioGro NZ. The sweetly aromatic Bay Leaf (Bay Laurel) is one of the master herbs in European kitchens, adding a richness and depth of flavour.
There is no substitute for this must have herb, with a distinctive flavour that blends well with many different cuisines.
Most commonly used to flavour stocks, braises, stews, marinades, and soups.
- Delicious in casseroles, soups, sauces, game and meat.
- Ideal for slow cooked dishes where the long cooking time draws out the full flavour, then simply remove and discard before serving.
- Add flavour to béchamel sauce, along with a pinch of nutmeg.
- Add depth to home made stocks.
- Bay Leaf is versatile in savoury dishes, but also adds aroma and depth to rice puddings and sweet mulled wine.
The VarietyHand-selected dried whole leaves from Laurus nobilis. The use of bay leaves for flavouring dates back to ancient Greece, and widely used in European and Mediterranean cuisine.
Organic Sesame Seeds
For Your AppreciationAdd whole to the dish early in cooking and remove before serving, or crush the leaves finely and add to the dish before serving for fragrance.
Bay leaves are not the star of a dish, but add a beautiful depth of flavour as well as aroma.