Organic Sesame Seeds – whiteAvailable in
35g ECO Pack
Sesame seeds have a nutty flavour, rich in oils and iron.
Certified organic by BioGro NZ. Sesame has a nutty flavour, commonly associated as a topping for baking, it is also used for its high content of flavourful oil, rich in iron. Use as topping for breads, rolls, cakes, cookies or pies that are going to be baked. Mix black and white sesame seeds with other spices to encrust fish, tofu, chicken or pork.
- They are ideal for breads, rolls, coffee cakes, cookies or pies that are going to be baked, or on any food that will brown during cooking.
- Sesame is used in confectionary and desserts for a nutty flavour.
- Sesame seeds are pressed for their oil, which is a key element in Japanese cooking.
- Sesame is ground into a paste called Tahini and used in Turkish and Middle-Eastern cuisine, especially in hummus.
- Combine with Thyme, Sumac & Salt for zesty Za’atar.
The VarietyThe seeds of Sesamum indicum, Sesame is one of the oldest cultivated oil seeds, naturalised in tropical regions and though to have originated in India.
Organic Sesame Seeds